Thursday, February 7, 2013

Recovery Week

 Also known as... my 21st birthday was Friday. 

I will most definitely do a small recap of the blur that was this past weekend, but as of right now, I'm just trying to recover, both mentally and physically. Not only was this past weekend my 21st birthday, on Saturday my school hosted its 50th anniversary Groundhog Party in the Park -- if it doesn't seem like a big deal, wait until you see the pictures.


As far as physical recovery goes... I am pretty sure I fractured my foot three weeks ago and I dislocated my kneecap on Friday (I was standing and it gave out, no amazing drunken stories here, sorry). But really, what's a birthday without some bumps and bruises?

Some things that have helped with my recovery:

S'mores slippers/foot warmers! From my dear friends the Ballards
for those of you who are unaware, I have a not normal obsession with s'mores...
I literally cried when I saw these 
I don't mean "literally" how some people say it and mean "figuratively"
I LITERALLY CRIED




Diptyque candle from my sister and brother-in-law that smells like heaven
I saw my sister briefly when I was at home last week and asked her about diptyque candles...
And then she sent me one for my birthday among many other gifts
She is amazing. So is Jake (didn't forget you). Oh and so is Luke, but that's a given.


Many other gifts were received by a very thankful birthday girl, but it would be tacky to post every single thing. Plus, it would spoil my thank-you notes. (They are coming!)





p.s. I think the best part of my day is that first sip of coffee
&
my last sip of coffee is for sure the most stressful

No comments:

Post a Comment